One of our GIA graduate gemologists talks about what the popular pink gemstone, morganite, is.
*Note: Prongs are not that long. They are trimmed and folded over when a diamond is set into the setting, but are manufactured long to be able to fit diamonds with different sized crowns.
HONEY WHISKEY LEMONADE
yield: SERVES 2
- 5 Tbsp Jack Daniel’s Honey Whiskey, or any whiskey of choice
- 1/2 cup spring thyme lemonade
- 1 Tbsp simple syrup
- splash of honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- lemon peels and lemon wedges
- lemon thyme sprigs, for garnish
- ice cubes, as needed
- Fill cocktail shaker half full of ice cubes. Add 5 tablespoons of whiskey.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemonade to shaker. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon simple syrup and a splash of honey. If honey is very thick, microwave it for a couple seconds to thin it out. Add honey syrup to shaker.
- Add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice to shaker and stir to combine.
- Fill 2 serving glasses with ice and garnish with a lemon wedge. Cover cocktail shaker with a strainer.
- Pour cocktail into prepared serving glasses. Discard used ice. Garnish finished cocktail with lemon peel and lemon thyme sprigs if desired.